Stir-fried pork mince with rice noodles, vegetables and hoisin sauce
- 200g Pad thai noodles
- 2 Tbsp Sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp Vegetable oil
- 4 cloves Garlic, finely chopped
- 1 piece Ginger, 3cm, peeled and thinly sliced
- 500g Pork mince
- 250g Button mushrooms
- 1 Red capsicum, cored and deseeded, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp Soy sauce
- 3 Baby bok choy, leaves detached from base, washed, sliced 2cm
- 2 Spring onions, thinly sliced
- 4 Tbsp Hoisin sauce
- Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and add the noodles. Boil 4 minutes or until tender to the bite, cool under cold water, drain well and place in a bowl. Add the sesame oil and toss gently. Reserve.
- Heat a wok or frying pan over high heat. Add the vegetable oil, garlic, ginger and pork. Stir-fry 3-4 minutes, breaking up the lumps of pork.
- Add the mushrooms and capsicum and stir-fry 3 minutes. Add the soy sauce, bok choy, spring onions and hoisin sauce and stir-fry a further 2-3 minutes until the bok choy is wilted.
- Add the noodles and gently toss so as not to break the noodles. Stir-fry another minute until hot.
Recipe from www.bite.co.nz