South African Pulled Pork
- 1x bone-in pork shoulder roast
- 2 tbsp dark brown sugar
- 2 tbsp roasted ground cumin seeds
- 2 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 2 tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tbsp sea salt
- 1 tbsp cracked pepper
- 1 tbsp paprika
1. Preheat oven to 150°C.
2. Place shoulder roast on rack in lined baking tray.
3. Blend all remaining ingredients together and rub all over the shoulder roast.
4. Roast low in oven for 8 hours until the pork literally pulls apart.
5. Rest 15 minutes.
6. Collect all pan drippings and strain into a saucepan with 1 cup water and simmer for 10 minutes until thickened.
7. Pull the pork apart with two forks and stir in the thickened drippings.
1. Serve in warmed bread rolls with a coleslaw.