Roast Pork with Cranberry and Thyme Glaze and Apple and Cranberry Sauce
- 100% New Zealand Pork Leg Roast, approx 3 kg in weight
- 300g bottle Wattie's Bit on the Side Cracker Cranberry Sauce
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh thyme
- 400g can Wattie's Diced Apple
1. Place the 100% New Zealand Pork Leg Roast on a rack in a baking tray. Rub liberally with oil and salt.
2. Place into a 220ºC oven for the fi rst 20 minutes then lower the oven to 160ºC and allow 30 minutes per 500 grams. The roast pork is cooked if the juices run clear when pierced at the thickest part through to the bone; or 71ºC if using a meat thermometer.
If not cooked, continue to cook for a further 15 minutes before testing again.
3. When cooked, remove the rind from the pork. Leave the pork to rest. Place the rind under a preheated grill until the crackling puffs and crisps.
4. Combine the Wattie’s Bit on the Side Cracker Cranberry Sauce with the chopped thyme. Spoon approximately 1/2 cup over the pork to glaze.
5. Place the crackling back on the pork before serving.
6. Add the Wattie’s Diced Apple to the remaining Cranberry Sauce and thyme. Serve cold as an accompaniment to the pork.