Fruity Pork Steaks
10 mins / 22 mins
- 4 boneless pork loin steaks, trimmed of any fat
- 2 tsp Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 tbsp sunflower oil
- 1 large red onion, cut into thin wedges through the root
- 4 red apples , cored and cut into eighths
- 2 tbsp redcurrant jelly
- 1 tbsp red wine vinegar or cider vinegar
- 200ml chicken stock
- Dust the pork steaks with the Chinese five-spice powder. Heat half the oil in a frying pan and fry the pork for about 3 mins on each side until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate.
- Add the remaining oil to the frying pan, reduce the heat slightly, then fry the onion wedges for 2 mins. Add the apples and cook, stirring occasionally, for another 3 mins.
- Add the redcurrant jelly to the pan, followed by the vinegar and then the stock. Bring to the boil and simmer rapidly, uncovered, for 8-10 mins until the sauce is slightly syrupy and the apples are tender. Gently reheat the pork in the sauce, turning to glaze each side.
Recipe from www.bbcgoodfood.com